Direct Support Professional – supports our commitment to providing exceptional services and life enriching opportunities to adults and families living with autism and requires an experienced, dependable person to provide services and supports to a young adult with disabilities in a home & community setting located in Kingwood.
- Responsibilities include:• Assist individual with improvement of daily living skills
• Provide supportive supervision at home or out in the community with a variety of activities, including his job, volunteer work, swimming at the fitness club, dining out, etc.
• Support skill developmental in areas such as recreation, money management, nutrition, self-expression, socialization and communication
• Demonstrate respect for the individual’s right to personal choice and provide assistance in achieving meaningful inclusion in the community
• Actively engage the individual with a disability in meaningful activities based on their personal interests
• Assist individual in maintaining a clean, safe, stimulating living environment
• Complete documentation of services provided and daily events
• Assist with daily medication administration, if necessary
• Provide transportation to and from medical appointments, shopping centers, recreational activities, etc.Education background or experience working with people with autism or other developmental disabilities preferred. Must enjoy recreational activities and have good general fitness and athletic ability. Experience with iPOD/iPAD, Wii and similar technology a plus. High school diploma or GED, driver’s license and insurance mandatory. Training and BCBA supervision provided.Location: Kingwood, TXAvailable: Only Part-Time positions available at this time. Apply by email to email@example.com.